Many companies nowadays recognize the importance of employee well-being and offer an in-company gym to promote a healthy lifestyle. These gyms provide employees with an easy and accessible way to stay active and fit. However, it is important to ensure that the in-company gym is equipped with the right fitness equipment so that employees can train effectively, challenge themselves, and have fun. In this blog post, we will discuss the essential fitness equipment that every in-company gym should have.
Strength training equipment for your in-company gym
Strength training is a crucial part of any fitness routine. Having the right equipment for strength training helps employees build and maintain muscle mass. This not only helps them lead fitter lives but also assists them in handling physically demanding work. For effective strength training, you need the following equipment:
- Barbells with weight plates: These are highly versatile and can be used for a wide range of exercises. They are particularly effective for compound exercises that target multiple muscle groups simultaneously, such as squats, bench presses, and deadlifts.
- If you want to make the most of your barbells and weight plates, you also need a rig or racks. The suitable option for your in-company gym depends on the available space and the number of employees who need to train simultaneously. For example, you can choose a complete Crossmaxx® XL Rig, Crossmaxx® Power Racks, or Crossmaxx® Half Racks. We are happy to assist you in determining the best option for your space!
- Dumbbells: Small but mighty, dumbbells are essential in any gym, including your in-company gym! They are easy to store, user-friendly, available in a wide range of weights, suitable for both beginners and advanced users, and enhance muscle activation and stability. If you're unsure about which weights to choose for your employees, feel free to contact us for advice.
- Kettlebells: Kettlebells add a lot of variety to training. They come in various weights and work well in limited spaces. You can perform a range of movements without requiring too much space. Examples include kettlebell swings, goblet squats, Turkish get-ups, kettlebell deadlifts, and more.
- Benches: Benches are also crucial in an in-company gym. A bench, also known as a fitness bench, is used for many strength exercises targeting both the upper and lower body. The bench allows you to maintain the proper position while sitting or lying down, enabling you to perform exercises correctly.
Cardio machines are a must-have for any gym, and in-company gyms are no exception. Rowers, treadmills, and stationary bikes are all great options for cardiovascular training. These machines are user-friendly and suitable for a wide range of fitness levels. Additionally, they improve heart health, endurance, and overall fitness. They are also ideal for burning extra calories before, during, or after the workday. On our website, you can find options like the Crossmaxx® Runner PRO, Crossmaxx® Rower PRO, and Crossmaxx® Airbike PRO. The best choice among these cardio machines for your in-company gym depends on your personal preference and the available space. For instance, a rower takes up less space than a treadmill because it can be stored upright.